Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Starstruck

I just saw Natalie Portman! A verified sighting too, because Laura saw her immediately, and Natalie caught me looking, and gave me a brief look which could only be construed as saying "yes it is is me, now fuck off".

We were sitting an a cafe at the end of our road, eating sandwiches bought from the boulagerie opposite. She walked passed with an older woman (her agent?), looking chic but not exactly glamorous in a long coat, hair pinned back, no obvious makeup. She would easily have passed for French, and I didn't see anyone anyone else on the terrace notice or comment.

Afterwards I felt a little light headed, and stared into the distance. I'm ashamed to admit I'm always a bit star-stuck around celebrates, even D-list soap-stars (not that I even meet those ever). Laura, annoyed, asked me if I was a little bit in love. I told her no; that I was just wondering what it must be like to have people stare at you all the time. I think she could tell I was lying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww.. Natalie Portman! I'm moving to Paris.

Sam G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laura said...

You are definitely a liar...she so didn't look at you!!